Please enjoy this 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bathroom, 2-car garage, 2,655 finished sq.ft. end townhouse as our latest house for sale in the Overlook community located at the West End of Alexandria, Virginia.
The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout this house present a rarely-found buying opportunity, with the once-in-a-decade showpiece kitchen the capstone on this beautiful home. “Magnificent” is not an overstatement when describing this kitchen.
To learn more about Overlook, check out LivinginOverlook.com, a comprehensive visual and information website on choosing Overlook as your Home, with all the "Livabilty" benefits from surrounding Fairfax County's 32-acre Bren Mar Park, at the West End of Alexandria, & located Inside the Beltway.
More details are below about the house features & upgrades, the Overlook community, and the coming WestEnd Alexandria project that will bring a World-class hospital (the new Inova Alexandria Hospital Campus) and shopping, dining, & entertainment options five minutes from Overlook.
The upgrades and appointments to this house are present in every room and every view within. A focus on the details – both big and small – is apparent throughout. A neutral, eye-pleasing color palette in Benjamin Moore colors throughout the house will compliment any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- Once inside, the house opens to a living room with double French door style windows, which provide ample natural light. The dining room overlooks the living room, with iron balusters providing a nice visual detail. The iron baluster detail is continued on all stairs. Both rooms have custom crown molding, with wainscot trim in the dining room.
- The kitchen is a truly grand space to enjoy as a cook, to relax in for everyday living, or to impress when entertaining family or friends.
- The island is three times normal size, with a farm sink, seating for four at one end, and a built-in wine cooler. As evidence of the quality of this kitchen renovation, the high-end granite on the island is a single piece slab.
- The kitchen appliances continue the high-end focus, with a professional-grade Sub-Zero refrigerator and a GE Monogram range. The vent hood, drawer microwave, and dishwasher continue this focus. The custom kitchen cabinets are soft-close, with many storage options. Undercabinet and cove lighting provide both task and ambient light that shows the attention to detail in this renovation.
- The kitchen incorporates a glass-front display cabinet as one of the many focal points of this grand space.
- The kitchen faces a gas fireplace, with a granite surround that matches the kitchen counters. This space allows for a cozy sitting area. Another sitting area off the kitchen is sized for a large table, a sofa, or a sectional, with this space having seven windows that overlook the patio. The kitchen has access via steps to the patio for al fresco dining or entertaining, with a custom Andersen slider door easing access in and out of the house. A retaining wall and large Crepe Myrtle trees behind the house provide privacy when inside the house or on the patio. The HOA allows residents to fence in an open patio if desired.
- The Owner's Suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small. A separate seating area with seven windows lets in morning light for a relaxing read of a book or a weekend nap. The suite offers enough space for an office set-up if you prefer workspace to lounging space.
- The Owner's Suite bathroom is upgraded with a new vanity with granite top, Moen brushed nickel fixtures, framed mirrors, light fixtures, soaking tub, and custom tilework on the floor, shower, and tub surround.
- The Owner's Suite has two walk-in closets.
- The entire bedroom level has hardwood floors, with the two spare bedrooms each sized for a Queen bed with a double door closet.
- The 2nd bathroom upstairs is upgraded with a new vanity, granite top, Moen fixtures, framed mirror, and light fixture.
- The separate laundry room is located on the bedroom level, with overhead cabinets for storage.
- The lower level has a tile floor, with ample room to watch a large screen TV and set up a separate library or office area. This space can be used as a large fourth bedroom for a guest, with double doors providing privacy from the rest of the house, while still allowing the homeowner to access the garage. The lower level has a large walk-in closet/storage space.
- The lower level also has a beautifully renovated full bathroom, with new vanity, glass shower door, and custom tilework on the floor and shower. The shower offers two usage options, including a rainfall shower. The house video featurette shows detail of the shower.
- The garage is a two-car, single door model, with a separate storage area, and an epoxy floor covering.
- The HVAC system and hot water heater were each upgraded in 2018.
- The roof was replaced in 2021.
- The windows were replaced in 2020, including the large fixed window in the stairwell (Thompson Creek vinyl clad replacement windows).
PLEASE NOTE: The photos and video featurette are from the listing agent's 2019 sale of the townhouse. While the house furnishings and some ceiling light fixtures are different, the photos and video show the current state of the house re fixtures, upgrades, and wall colors.
If visiting the unbranded version of this property website, the Overlook and WestEnd Alexandria videos are on the branded version (5271MorningMist.com) & on LivinginOverlook.com.
Overlook community details:
Overlook is a community of 443 homes that surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park. This Park-setting is rare for a community located Inside the Beltway, providing not only green space for residents to enjoy, but also immediate access to 395/Beltway/95, with all the Living amenities available in the West End of Alexandria.
Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach.
A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10-minute drive.
The Community offers a range of houses, from 3800+ sq.ft. single family City Homes priced from $1.150M, to 2000-2700 sq.ft. THs, with 1-2 car garage or no garage, to TH-style, 2-level condos with an attached 1-car garage.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life.
Not only does Overlook have an abundance of green spaces and mature trees, Bren Mar Park provides 32 acres of mature trees, Turkeycock Run stream, Truss bridges, and walking trails for Overlook residents to enjoy.
Overlook's green spaces and the Park, coupled with wide streets and greater separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, walking trails, and tennis/pickleball court. As seen in the Overlook community video, the Community pool looks more like a Resort-level pool than a typical residential community pool. Verizon Fios is also available.
The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive, with 361 daily parking spaces. Bus service from the Overlook entrance at Winter View Drive is a six- minute ride to the Van Dorn Metro.
Update On Landmark Mall Redevelopment Project ("WestEnd Alexandria"):
Overlook is well positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the WestEnd Alexandria development project (formerly Landmark Mall) and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
The video section of this website contains videos with full details on the WestEnd Alexandria project, the new Inova Alexandria Hospital Campus located at WestEnd, and current status of the project (updated through the December 2022 City approval of the development plan for Phase 1 Blocks).
On February 2, 2022, Foulger-Pratt announced that the name of the redevelopment project will be "WestEnd Alexandria."
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa), providing 24-hour specialty services for brain injuries, complex fractures, and other trauma care;
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
WestEnd Alexandria is designed to be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
WestEnd Alexandria Project Timeline:
- July 2021: The City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project.
- September 2021: The City established the Landmark Community Development Authority (CDA) to address infrastructure improvements related to the project.
- November 2021: The City purchased the first of three land parcels for the hospital.
- March 2022: Inova submitted its concept plan for the Hospital Campus.
- May 2022: Demolition Begins (First Demo on May 12th).
- Fall 2022: Demolition Ends/Project Grading & Infrastructure Work Begins.
- December 2022: The City approved the development plan for the first four non-Hospital residential blocks (Phase I - Blocks E, G, Eye, & K).
- February 2023: Bids Due on City 395-Duke Ramp Project for Direct Hospital Access.
- March 2023: City Approval of Inova's Development Plan for the Alexandria Hospital Campus.
- Summer 2023: Final Site Plan Approval.
- January 2024: Vertical Construction of Phase I starts.
- 3rd Quarter 2025: Infrastructure Complete.
- 4th Quarter 2025: Phase 1 (non-Hospital) Buildings Complete (Blocks E, G, Eye, & K).
- 1st Quarter 2028: Inova Alexandria Hospital Opens.
- 1st Quarter 2028: Blocks L & M (For Sale 2-over-2 condos & townhouses) scheduled for completion.
In addition to bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, & entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the WestEnd Alexandria project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Overlook at West End, Greenhill South, the Vulcan site redevelopment, and others.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).